So, I broke down last week and added basic cable to our Comcast package. I did this solely at the request of my grandmother, who spends a fair amount of her time here babysitting Zoey and has requested Matt Lauer and Oprah on more than one occasion. But I am finding there are a few perks for Mommy in this basic cable addition as well.
Like, Saturday and Sunday mornings.
PBS has a wide array of cartoons available each morning that Zoey loves and are not, in my underly-caffeinated opinion, a complete waste of time. Yesterday we watched a fascinating Cat in the Hat episode where the featured topic was hibernation. And by 'we watched' I mean 'Zoey watched while I read the New Yorker' and by fascinating I mean 'who knew they could come up with so many irritating song lyrics centered on bears sleeping through the winter'.
I have logged 10 miles this week in my slow attempt at training for a half marathon, and have woken up sore and sluggish each day. I am ready to crash each night by 8 p.m. It is pathetic. But I am grateful for the hour (okay...two) of cartoon programming that allows each of us a slow entry in to the day.
And now, I need a coffee refill. And an ice pack.
No comments:
Post a Comment